Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How come having dark skin is not considered beautiful in this world?

Having lighter skin has ALWAYS been considered beautiful in just about every country int his world. To name a few: China, Japan, India, the US. It is always considered ';better'; to be light. Why is that? What in the world does skin color have to do with whether or not you have a beautiful face? I see SOME Black girls wishing that they were lighter, Asians using bleaching products to have pale skin, etc. But White people pay tons of money to get tan skin; what is wrong with this world?How come having dark skin is not considered beautiful in this world?
Im sorry to say that there is be some subcontious racisme in this world. People unknowingly shy away from people with darker skin. Me, i try not to think that way. Because i think dark skin is just as beautiful as lighter skin. And the deal with some white people paying money to get tanned is because we don't want to blind people with our pale-ness!How come having dark skin is not considered beautiful in this world?
You need to come to cali every one loves the dark skin girls try to do get it by doing the foney tanning beds and turn out orange.Be grateful for it.I get comments on my dark skin all the time plus you don't want to look like powder that's nasty.Just be happy and rock the dark skin its beautiful. Report Abuse

Why should people bother answering your ';question'; when you none of the answers seem to be good enougth for you, anyway? You seem quite indifferent.
Not true. Light people try to get darker skin. Tanning beds are quite popular. I understand where you are coming from though. People always strive for what they don't have instead of just being happy with themselves.





****Well, Piss on you then. You're obviously not happy with yourself if you are asking for opinions on yahoo anyway.****
You are right about that. My color is pecan tan or golden brown. very nice color. but there are some pretty dk girls and ugly light girls. i notice when a light skinned is around a darker prettier woman the jealousy shows! LOL! Color Power HOLLA!!!!
i dont know why is that and yeah it sucks im pretty white my brother is alot more darker then me but hes better looking but peopel say im prettyer. Why? because im white...i dont see a diference they meke him less. even though hes smarter athleticer and just cooler. i think is something stupid. is like thinking all mexicans are machos or then men are better then women!!!
This world is extremely superficial and stereotypical. I am Asian and I have to love the skin I'm in. Everyone should just face that no matter what you do you can't change what your skin color is.





The stereotypical blonde with blue eyes and pale skin always got the guys so thats why it is idolized and looked up to.
I don't think that's always necessarily the case.
I think it comes from the story of snow white ( as white as snow). If you ask me i think being darker is more beautiful, look at mixed race arent they pretty, half half. Look at some of the actresses like Hale Berry, she is one of the most beautiful black women i know. If being lighter is being beautiful, this must have been defined by whites themselves, and those who follow it are slaves
i totally agree. these poeple are crazy. i dont think dark skin is bad! your skin is probably lovely! look at all the black models. they're gorgeous! everybody is beautiful. it doesnt matter your skin color!
no one is ever happy with what they are. im not tanning for anyone though, i dont need more wrinkles or skin cancer.
i think that people who are unhappy with what they look like on the outside are often unhappy about what they look like on the inside. it seems like people in the u.s. has set it's sights on an equilibrium. not too dark, but not too light. as long as you're healthy, don't worry too much.
I am a white male in my 20's and would like to answer this question honestly.





I am not racist in any degree, but as a question of raw attraction, I tend not to find black women, and some asian women, as attractive as other ';races';.





As far as it goes, I love tanned and dark, and yes black skin (I am drawn to Israeli/Arab, Latin, Indian, Mediteranean women). Personally, I am more attracted to the more 'white' features though-- cheekbones , thin nose structure, hairline...





It's all ridiculous of course, and there are black women everywhere in Toronto that, if I were married, would leave my wife and kids on Christmas morning for, and have dated two black girls in high school, but that's my most honest answer.





One thing though, I think non-black men often feel that they are too 'white' or 'asian' or whatever for black girls to be interested in them, and in turn, stop thinking of black women as people they might otherwise date. Not blaming of course, just the way it is.





That said, I could date black women forever and never miss out!
awww dont say that ! ...ive seen black gals n they look good n beautiful too !!!! look at tyra banks , beyonce , alicia keys ...need i name more ?





Sry if u think me as a maron , yellow skin is more for asian skin so dont think they r yellow ... why r u scolding me when im only trying to help ! ?

No comments:

Post a Comment