Monday, August 23, 2010

How can I get the Smokey Eye look on my African American Skin without looking like a clown?

I've always wanted to try different makeup styles but I don't know what would go great on my skin.How can I get the Smokey Eye look on my African American Skin without looking like a clown?
Use eyeshadow brush,sweep a light color over your entire lid to create a smooth base for layers of color next apply a medium to dark color to the crease, starting at the outer corner and working inward.Finish by buffing the color back in an outward direction.


I am a brown skinned sister and i find pinks,light blues and purples work for me with a lil dark brownHow can I get the Smokey Eye look on my African American Skin without looking like a clown?
I think silver would look good with your skin type
try metallic colors
you have to use a concealer.
Use colors like gold, and light silver. Dont make it too heavy.
If i were you, i would go with a silver grey and continue on with a smoky white. or i would use a shimmery gold.
I would go to the mall...bobi brown or mac counter and let them do it. Or what I used to do was get some gray eye-liner and then use a Que-tip a smudge it to your liking. It is a lot easier than trying to keep you eyeshadow controlled
The make-up artists at Mac can do a great job of the ';smoky eye'; look and tell you what products/colors you need to achieve that look.
Check out the smoky eye makeup steps here: http://www.beauty-tricks.com/beautyforum鈥?/a>
Use a metallic gold (dont put too much on though) over almost your whole eyelid, but dont go up all the way to your eyebrows. Then use a smoky-blue color close to your lash line and on the crease. Some eyeliner and mascara and your set!

No comments:

Post a Comment