Friday, August 20, 2010

Does anyone know of a home remedy for a dog with a skin infection?

My dog has a pretty bad skin infection and he cries from the pain. I have no money to take him to the vet so I was hoping someone knew of a good home remedy I could try.Does anyone know of a home remedy for a dog with a skin infection?
Can you describe the infection? Is he chewing hair off the spot? Did something bite him? Could it be mange? If it is mange you need to take him to a vet and it is contagious to people. If not, and he is chewing it use tea tree oil found in the hair isle it is in a little bottle 2x a day. Other wise use neosporen or bacitration every 2 hours.





Ok, so it has spread to the anus? My dog bites her hair off really close to the anus and off of her back near her tail. If it is scabbed use the tea tree oil. Your dog will stop all the biting and it will heal the skin. You can alternate the neosporen with it, they have the kind with pain reduction. Give it a week, it should start to heal up. You can also give your dog some liquid benadryl to calm him. Use the childrens dosage on the back of the bottle. If the dog is under 20lbs just give him 1 ml per 10lbs. (totally safe, my vet told me to give it to my chiauhauh and it calmed her down)Does anyone know of a home remedy for a dog with a skin infection?
Call the vet and/or the SPCA and see if there is anything they and do or if they can recommend a treatment. You cannot let your dog suffer and must find a way to help him.
Ask the vet who treats your dog. That's what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment