Sunday, July 25, 2010

How long does it take for the bump from my TB skin test to go away?

I tested positive, and my bump is 20mm and it is red. How long until the bump goes down? It has been like 55 hours since I was injected. I know it will take a few days, but does anybody know how many?How long does it take for the bump from my TB skin test to go away?
A mantoux should be read --determined positive or negative-- from 48-72 hours after it is administered. If read positive, it can take up to a week afterwards to diminish. Keep the area clear and uncovered. If blisters appear, DO NOT break them -- they may contain active TB bacteria, which can then be spread to others. If the area continues to be irritated or inflamed, notify the person who made the reading for further instructions on caring for the affected area.How long does it take for the bump from my TB skin test to go away?
um, there shouldn't be a bump.............did they already read it? I have had many over the years while I was in the Army (at least once a year), and I have never had one that was a ';bump'; more then a day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment