Monday, July 26, 2010

How to get a skin abscess to come to a head?

My mom says that putting raw bacon on a skin adscess will make it come to a head. Is this true? If so how long does it take? If not what else can I do?How to get a skin abscess to come to a head?
My mom always used fatback (I think the salt content helped). I saw her use it and I know it worked. It usually worked overnight. But it will kinda irritate the surrounding skin. However all that nasty pus will drain out.How to get a skin abscess to come to a head?
DONT DO THAT. Not good for the skin. Thats kinda an old school way.


I would take a moist, yet warm wash cloth and leave it on the ';thing'; and it will be good for the skin, bring a head, and help clear it up too.


You want to cleanse the mark, not infect it further with bacon fat and bacteria. Not to mention handling raw meat could make you sick if you dont wash your hands very well.
You should not drain the abscess yourself. It is most likely a staph infection, and could be the antibiotic resistant form MRSA. Use impeccable hygiene, and get to a doctor to have it evacuated and the content tested.

No comments:

Post a Comment