Monday, July 26, 2010

I recently used cadaver skin for a skin graft inside my mouth. Can using this skin cause new food allergies?

If you can prove it or help me research it help me out with the websites. Thanks.I recently used cadaver skin for a skin graft inside my mouth. Can using this skin cause new food allergies?
Cadaver skin is dead tissue. It is used for a temporary cover of the area that needs to be eventually permanently grafted with your own skin can be harvested.





There are no concerns about antibodies/ allergies with the use of cadaver skin because it is dead and processed tissue. That cadaver skin will not grow...ever. It is just a protective cover until you have enough skin elsewhere on your body that can be transferred to your injury site. All cadaver tissues that are donated are dead tissues. (Don't confuse this with organ transplant when the organs are taken while the person's organs are still alive on life support and the organs are transplanted right away. When someone dies and donates tissue...skin/ bone...that skin and bone is processed and live cells are killed off.)





And, yes, I know that you didn't actually do this. You are speaking hypothetically. If you want more information, call your local tissue bank or Google ';tissue bank';.I recently used cadaver skin for a skin graft inside my mouth. Can using this skin cause new food allergies?
No it won't. Allergies are determined by your own immune system. You won't get immune cells from a skin transplant.





If you got a bone marrow transplant, it's possible to get new allergies.

No comments:

Post a Comment