Sunday, July 25, 2010

What makeup or tricks can I use to cover up red skin around my eyes?

It looks like I've been crying or rubbing my eyes hard %26amp; its just my normal look nowadays. No crying, no rubbing. Its mostly from health problems (like my thyroid...) so it's not that I'm allergic to the makeup, etc. Anyways, when I put makeup on it usually only accentuates the red eyes %26amp; there's no covering up the red that is right on the edges of my eyes. Any tips? 10 points for the biggest help, as usual! Thanks!!!What makeup or tricks can I use to cover up red skin around my eyes?
A lot of this is going to depend on how close to your eye we're talking... because the closer to your eye that you get, the more sensitive the skin is.


First I'd check the undertone of your foundation. If the foundation or concealer you're using is pink, then it will, indeed, make the redness around your eyes more obvious. If the redness isn't -too- close to your eyes, then I'd recommend using a green, color, correcting primer, and a yellow toned concealer. The green will neutralize the red, and the yellow will help even it out a bit. The Balm makes Time Balm concealers that are really great and Make Up Forever, and Smashbox, make really good color correcting primers. You can find both on www.sephora.com, but I really encourage you to set up a consultation and try some things on until you're sure that it's going to cover the way that you need to. The consultations are free and that way you know for sure that what you're buying is going to work out for you.


Hope that helps a little...What makeup or tricks can I use to cover up red skin around my eyes?
physician's formulas have color correction. i think they recommend a green concealer to neutralize red, then you usually cover it over with regular concealer over it. you probably want a stick or a liquid formula. you can get physician's at most drug stores... cvs, target, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment