Monday, November 21, 2011

What cat shampoo can I use for my kitten who has dry skin?

she scratches a lot and sometimes chews her fur off. I do not think she has fleas, however she does seem to have some dandruff. I need her to stop itching because I think I'm becoming allergic to her dry skin..I broke out hives all over my body. I need to get my cat better so I can get better.What cat shampoo can I use for my kitten who has dry skin?
Cats don't need to be washed. If she is itching she must have a parasite or be allergic to something. I doubt if you are specifically allergic to her dry skin.





I have never seen a cat with dandruff.





What stuff have you seen putting on her?What cat shampoo can I use for my kitten who has dry skin?
Bathing would possibly make it worse.


She's too young to bath, it probably is the food/diet.


Allergic to an ingredient maybe.


Try changing her food and adding a wee bit of olive oil.


Consult vet if condition persists.


Gd. luck.
Please take your kitten to the vet to have her checked out for any type of skin disease. The scratching and chewing are not normal, so I'd hesitate to do anything that might make the condition worse. You might need to use a special medicated shampoo, or it could be something else entirely.





Are you sure it was ';hives'; you had? If you weren't diagnosed by a doctor, it could have been something else. I've had hives and was told it was caused more by stress than external physical factors.





Cats can get ringworm, which is really a fungus. This can be transferred to humans. The itch is unbelievable.





Please get expert advice.
She needs more Omega-3 fatty acids. Squeeze a capsule 1000 mg of salmon oil on her food once a week.
The best thing you can do for your cat is take her to the vet and find out why she is itchy. If she is pulling chunks of fur out she is in a lot of discomfort. Do you use flea powder on her? if so, STOP! take her to the vet and see whats going on with her
  • make up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment